Saturday, April 19, 2014

I Think I Need a Literary Tat, STAT!

It's a weird thing.

Tattoos, like chocolate, or Flaming Hot Limon Cheetos, are addicting, and induce cravings like you wouldn't believe, unless, of course, you already have a tattoo.

I only have one, that I got when I was 18, as a payment for babysitting, because my friend Jessie is awesome like that. It's a shooting star on my foot, and it matches one Jess got at the same time. I love my little tattoo, even though, sometimes when I look at it from a certain angle, it looks like a pinata...



I just told my husband I NEED a new tattoo.

He said no.

And I yelled at him that he never lets me have anything I want, and why does he hate me so much.

He just shook his head.

But really, I've been craving a new tattoo for quite a while, and since books (and the world's greatest book club) are such a part of my life, I was thinking something literary would be perfect.

But there are so many things I want, and so many to books choose from...

Do I go with a Deathly Hallows symbol?


Ravens for each member of my family?


The VFD eye, with "The World is Quiet Here."?
Don't mind this gross man-leg...


Some amazing Gaelic quote, or even just "Sassenach"?


Or just random stacks of books, like the ones in my house?


Maybe a combination of it all?
I should probably read the Percy Jackson books before I permanently etch the symbol on my body, yes?



Now, to go find the money to afford such a masterpiece...

Anyone else have lit ink?

No comments:

Post a Comment