Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Book Review: Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict


 
Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict by Laurie Viera Rigler
After a bad breakup, Jane Austen super-fan Courtney Stone wakes up one morning to find herself transported back to early 19th Century England, and in the middle of an Austen-like life.

Being a Jane Austen fan myself,  I was really hoping to love this book. It has some really good elements, like a romance similar to Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennett, and of course traveling back to Jane Austen's  time. But the author's writing was a little vague, especially in the end, and I was left wanting a little  more from the story.

I give this one a C.

If you liked this book, or Jane Austen's work in general, I highly suggest the British television mini-series, Lost in Austen, which I discovered at my local library. It was really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment