Saturday, August 23, 2014

Book Review: Sharp Objects

 
 
Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn
Camille Preaker is a reporter, who, shortly after a stay in a mental facility, is assigned to cover the murders of two young girls in her hometown. But going back to her hometown means having to face her dysfunctional family whom she has not seen in years, as well as face some pretty big demons from her past.
Oh, boy. This book. It is so well written, and yet such a disturbing, creepy read that I had to read nothing but light, fluffy YA books after finishing it, and I still can't get it out of my head. It's got lots of plot twists and turns, as any good thriller should have, but the story has a way of creeping into your mind and settling there for a while.
I give this book an A, though part of me wants to give it a C- for the fact that I'm still creeped out by it.
If you like this one, try Gone Girl, also by Gillian Flynn

No comments:

Post a Comment