Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Book Review: Cinder




Cinder  by Marissa Meyer

In this futuristic, Sci-Fi retelling of the classic Cinderella story, Cinder is a mechanic working for her step-mother in New Beijing. She also happens to be a cyborg. As a deadly plague spreads across the world, she must help Prince Kai (this story's Prince Charming) protect the Earth's future from the Lunar Queen, while trying to figure out her mysterious past.

I'm not always the biggest fan of futuristic, Sci-Fi stuff, but I really loved this book.  It's descriptive, and exciting, and I can't wait to start the next one, which is waiting on my nightstand right now!

I give it an A-.

The next two books in the Lunar Chronicles series are Scarlett (#2) and Cress (#3). They are available now.

2 comments:

  1. This book is definitely on my to-read list. I'm finding that I am really enjoying retellings of previously known stories -- thanks to bookclub and the theme for September. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm reading the sequel (Scarlet) right now and I cannot put it down! I think you'll like it Stephanie!

      Delete