Monday, June 9, 2014

Book Review: An Abundance of Katherines


 
An Abundance of Katherines by John Green

After winning a game show for "Smart Kids", former child prodigy Colin Singleton (who has dated and been dumped by nineteen girls named Katherine throughout his 18 years of  life) and his best friend embark on a road trip with Colin's game show winnings.

Although this is an award-winning book, I'm really torn between liking it and disliking it. I really like John Green's writing style, and the story itself is, for the most part, entertaining and well rounded. But Colin is so whiny, and actually really annoying, especially with his anagramming everything, and trying to predict how long a relationship will last through a math theorem, that it's hard to get through at times.

I give this book a C+.

If you liked this book (or even if you didn't), I definitely recommend The Fault in Our Stars, also by John Green. It is a great book.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review! And I'll check out The Fault in our Stars, as I don't particularly enjoy whiny characters either :)

    ReplyDelete