Friday, April 11, 2014

Book review: Gone Girl


 
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

I’d heard so much about this book, that when my book club decided to read it, I was pretty excited.

Gone Girl is the story of Nick and Amy Dunne, a seemingly happy couple that moves from Amy’s native N.Y.C. to Nick’s hometown of North Carthay, Missouri after they both lose their jobs in journalism. But when Amy goes missing on their 5th anniversary, Nick, of course, is the main suspect.

Being a fan of murder mysteries/true crime stories, I enjoyed the psychology of what could possibly have been “the perfect crime”. The length which the characters go to prove both guilt and innocence is fascinating, and keeps the story flowing well. However, although the characters are developed well, it was hard to find any character that was actually likable.

I recommend this one if you’re a fan of the mystery/suspense genre, and enjoy a good plot twist!
I give Gone Girl a B-.


The movie version, starring Ben Affleck, is supposed to be in theaters this October.

No comments:

Post a Comment